Let the Salford STARS shine again!
Our annual Salford STARS event will be bringing a twinkle to the night sky on the evening of Friday 5 February 2010.
Do you know someone from your community that has made a real difference, whether it is improving the area they live in or getting involved in services provided by Salix Homes? It's open to all so why not reward someone who sets a shining example by nominating them?
The categories are:
Good Neighbour Star: An individual who goes that extra mile to help others.
Better Environment Star: A group or individual who has shown commitment to improving their environment with innovative ideas.
Outstanding Young Star: A young person aged under 25 who shows commitment to their neighbourhood and is involved with meaningful activities.
Community Initiatives & Enterprise Star: A group or individual who has developed an initiative, activity or business for the good of the neighbourhood.
Community Safety Star: A group or individual who have helped make a safer place to live, neighbourhood watch or similar .
Older People's Star: A person who has shown a particular interest and work with older people or who is considered as a champion for older people.
Inclusion Star: An individual or group who have gone the extra mile or arranged an activity or event to get different groups working together. For example, younger, older, people with disabilities, people from different backgrounds.
Outstanding Achievement Star: An individual who has shown outstanding commitment to involvement with Salix Homes.
For a nomination form just call Adrian Palmer on 0161 779 8849 or email email@example.com.
Or you can download a nomination form by clicking here.
The closing date is Friday 18 December 2009.
Rules and Regulations for Salford Star Awards
- All nominations must be for an individual or group within the Central Salford area.
- Nominated person or group must be a volunteer and not a paid member of staff.
- Nominations cannot be accepted for Salix Homes employees.
- Anybody can nominate local people or groups in Central Salford, providing they are aware of their work and overall contribution to one of the selected nomination categories.
- There is no limit as to how many times one person or group can nominate.