What's an emergency?
Emergencies are repairs that create a danger to residents or may cause damage to a property typical examples of emergency repairs:
- Blocked or fractured drains
- Gas escapes
- Electrical faults (if hazardous)
- Major leaks or bursts
- Toilets that don't flush (when there is only one toilet in the property)
- Total loss of electrical power
- Total loss of water supply
- Insecure external window fastener or door lock
- Broken glazing - this is responded to as an emergency but it may not always be possible to re-glaze your window on the same day if you report the repair after 2pm or if a new double glazed unit is required. In these cases, we'll board your window until the repair can be completed
We'll visit your home within 2 hours of you reporting an emergency repair and we'll complete the repair within 24 hours.
To report an emergency repair, call us on 0800 218 2000 or visit your one of Local Offices or Service Points.